The Old Course St Andrews is surely the Mecca of the golfing world. Golf has been played here for over six centuries on a course that wasn’t architect-designed, but rather has evolved over time out of the natural terrain.
Designed by Old Tom Morris and opened in 1895, this is hardly a ‘new’ course! It is, in fact, a classic links course and a first-class golfing challenge.
Originally opened on Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and designed for ladies and children, the Jubilee underwent a re-design by Donald Steel in 1988.
Designed by David McLay Kidd and opened to the public in the summer of 2008, the Castle Course is the newest addition to the St Andrews portfolio.
Six miles south of St Andrews lies Kingsbarns, possibly the last true links to be developed in Scotland.