|9 - 15 APRIL 2023||SOLD OUT||BOOK|
|15 - 21 OCTOBER 2023||SOLD OUT||MY|
|2023 & 2024 EVENT DATES & AVAILABILITY|
|9 - 15 April 2023 0 SPACES LEFT SOLD OUT||April 2024 COMING SOON PRE-REGISTER|
|15 - 21 October 2023 0 SPACES LEFT SOLD OUT||October 2024 COMING SOON PRE-REGISTER|
COMPETITION & FORMAT
Including Stableford, Team Scramble, Best Ball & Medal, each course and day will has its own competition format and prizes
KINGSBARNS GOLF LINKS – INDIVIDUAL STABLEFORD
The format of play over Kingsbarns is Individual Stableford.
Each participant receives their full handicap allowance, i.e. an 18 handicap golfer will receive one stroke per hole.
The stableford points scoring is as follows: Bogey = 1 Point / Par = 2 Points / Birdie = 3 Points / Eagle = 4 Points / Albatross = 5 Points
There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gents and 1st, 2nd and 3rd Ladies.
There are also prizes for the longest drive and nearest the pin for both Gents and Ladies.
THE CASTLE COURSE, ST ANDREWS – TEAM SCRAMBLE
The format of play over The Castle Course is Team Scramble.
1. Each team consists of four players.
2. All players tee off at each hole.
3. The team then selects the best drive and marks the position (within 6 inches and not nearer the hole).
4. The other players then retrieve their balls.
5. The player whose ball has been chosen then plays his next shot first.
6. The remaining players then play within six inches of the tee peg (not nearer the hole). Note! Golf balls shall be placed on the fairway and dropped if the chosen ball in play is in the rough or a hazard.
7. The above method of play is followed until the green is reached.
8. On the green the same method applies. The ball chosen is marked by a putter head length and players putt from the same spot in turn.
9. Each player must mark the ball after putting. Play continues from each chosen position until the ball is holed.
10. The score is the total number of shots from the chosen spots (including the tee shot). Note! If a player putts and misses but then inadvertently knocks the ball into the hole, then that score counts.
11. A minimum of three tee shots per player are to be used.
12. The team handicap is calculated as 15% of the total of all team players handicaps combined. Ladies receive an extra stroke due to the difference in the SSS between the gents and ladies tees.
13. At the end of the round the total for each hole is added together and the strokes received subtracted to give the total net score for the round. The winning team will be the one with the lowest score.
There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams.
THE JUBILEE COURSE, ST ANDREWS – FOUR BALL BEST BALL
The format of play over The Jubilee Course is Four Ball Best Ball or “Team Best Ball”.
1. Each team consists of four golfers.
2. Each golfer receives their full handicap allowance. Ladies receive 4 extra strokes due to the difference in the SSS between the gents and ladies tees.
3. Each player on the team plays his or her own golf ball throughout the round, and on each hole the low score – or “best ball” – of the group serves as the team score. For example: On the first hole, Player A gets a 5, B gets a 4, C gets a 6, D gets a 6, so the team score for that hole is 4, because the low score of the group was B’s 4.
There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams.
THE NEW COURSE, ST ANDREWS – INDIVIDUAL STABLEFORD
The format of play over The New Course is Individual Stableford.
Each participant receives their full handicap allowance, i.e. an 18 handicap golfer will receive one stroke per hole. The stableford points scoring is as follows: Bogey = 1 Point / Par = 2 Points / Birdie = 3 Points / Eagle = 4 Points / Albatross = 5 Points
There are prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gents and 1st, 2nd and 3rd Ladies.
THE OLD COURSE, ST ANDREWS – INDIVIDUAL STROKEPLAY
The format of play over The Old Course is Individual Strokeplay.
Each participant receives their full handicap allowance, i.e. an 18 handicap golfer will receive one stroke per hole. The player with the lowest net score will be the Overall Winner.
There are prizes for the Overall Winner, Lowest Gross, Best Stableford, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gents and 1st, 2nd and 3rd Ladies. There are also prizes for the longest drive and nearest the pin for both Gents and Ladies.
Participant handicaps may be adjusted by the event administrators during the week according to scoring and results. Any decision(s) made is final.
THE 2023 ST ANDREWS GOLF WEEKS SO FAR HAVE GOLFERS FROM THE BELOW COUNTRIES PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENTS
“Steve and I want to thank Mark, Sarah and the Links Golf crew for another absolutely unforgettable experience. This was our second time attending the event and can’t wait to come back again. On a scale of 1 to 10, Golf Week is an 11+. Its a first class international event. Everything is taken care of for you. From the organized events (Jigger Inn night is so much fun), to tee times and transporting us to/from the courses. If you are looking for a “once in a lifetime” trip to St Andrews, Golf Week is for you.”
“Sarah, I was telling a friend last evening about the great trip we made to Scotland and what a fantastic event you all hosted. You all are the best, not a thing was missed. I tell people to imagine what an “over-the-top-awesome” golf trip to Scotland would be like, that was what this was. Thanks you for all your efforts. My best to Mark and the rest of your team.”
“First of all, this is to express my most sincere appreciation to you for your hospitality during The Golf Week. It was great fun. I enjoyed thoroughly every day of the week. I was impressed very much by your excellent management of the Golf Week and sheer hard work. I understand I was the oldest age participant, but I was very happy to play every day pleasantly at the Home of Golf.”
“Dear Friends & Links Golf, Just arrived in our city in Argentina and we want to express our sincere thanks for making our trip to St Andrews a week of fantastic golf. Being able to play in St Andrews was a dream with perfect organisation, first class hotels and superlative attention. Everybody made us feel very welcome. Thank you very much for everything. Undoubtedly a wonderful experience and we hope to repeat. Our sincere greetings.”
“This is just to say thank you very much for an outstanding week of golf. Your team at Links Golf are true professionals. The week was professionally handled and organized. Have to say, that I am already thinking of doing it again next year.”
“Both Phyllis, and especially I would be available as a shining endorsement of the St. Andrews Golf Week. The only thing I would change regarding our week at St. Andrews would be some of my fluffed golf shots. We speak in nothing but superlatives of every aspect of the experience. It is our sincere hope that it was not a “once in a life time experience”, returning to the beauty as well as charm of St. Andrews, the warmth of the Scottish people, and the incredible efficiency of Links Golf of St. Andrews. Thank you seems insufficient.”
“On behalf of Chris, Rob, Ross and myself, many thanks and congratulations to you, Mark and the Links Golf team for the fantastic Golf Week. Our expectations for Golf Week were high; by a wide margin they were exceeded. The attention to detail, the personalized service, and all of the little extras and surprises provided by Links Golf made Golf Week very special, indeed unforgettable. We plan to return in 2020.”
“On behalf of Rob and myself I would like to thank you, Mark, Jamie and all the team for making the October 2018 golf week so memorable. Your organisation was faultless and the help and consideration of all the team to even the most minor request was fantastic. But, what impressed us most was that you kept surprising us with extra events and touches. In an era when most companies under-deliver against what they advertise your Company does the complete opposite. Brilliant. We will have no hesitation in recommending the week to anyone who is interested in enjoying the St Andrews experience. Kind regards. Paul. PS. And you arranged the weather as well. Can’t wait to see to photos posted on your site.”
“Just a quick note to say Thank You to yourself and all of the Links Golf team for another wonderful week at St. Andrews. I can’t believe we had such good weather especially on the Old Course. That was very special. I really enjoyed the day. Thank you again. Please pass on my thanks and best wishes to Mark and all the team. All the best.”
“What a fantastic week. Who would have thought it could get better than the 2 previous trips. I cannot thank the team at Links Golf enough, your combined efforts are awesome and you ensure that we have a sensational week. Please pass on my sincere thanks to all the team at Links Golf. Kind Regards,”
“Words cannot describe the wonderful experience I had attending the St Andrews Golf Week. You, Mark, Ross, the entire team (Andrew, Cameron, Kenny) are amazing – it is difficult to come back to reality. With sincere appreciation for your service excellence, attention to detail and follow up.”
“I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciation for organizing such a wonderful Golf Week. The attention to every details (such as snacks and soup at the half way house and hand warmers), the passion and very warm smile and service from all of your staff, and many special highlights such as the the Scottish band performance, and many others, made this trip one of my best golf trip I ever had. Definitely this is an event that any golfers around the world should not miss, and I definitely want to come again and recommend to my friends. Great job for the team and hope that you will continue to host such event continuously with your great passion and Scottish hospitality.”