The New Course, St Andrews


The 'New' is the second course at the Home of Golf and was built by Tom Morris in 1895

Designed by Old Tom Morris and opened in 1895, this is hardly a 'new' course! It is, in fact, a classic links course and a first-class golfing challenge. With the traditional out and back layout, the New is characterised by well-designed greenside and fairway bunkers, and tough homeward holes. Although overshadowed by its illustrious neighbour, the New Course is a must play for any golfer visiting the town of St Andrews.

 

Caddies available: Yes (Request in advance through Links Golf)

Pullcarts available: Yes

Practice facilities: Driving range 1 mile from the 1st tee, putting green.

Electric buggies available: Medical certificate required or over 65 years of age. Only 2 buggies available

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire

Location: View location map

The New Course Scorecard


Hole
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Total
Mens Yards
299
367
511
351
167
433
336
472
225
457
331
493
147
370
379
416
211
397
6352
Mens Par
4
4
5
4
3
4
4
5
3
4
4
5
3
4
4
4
3
4
71
Ladies Yards
282
356
800
351
158
401
320
464
204
427
308
447
133
363
312
388
192
386
5992
Ladies Par
4
4
5
4
3
5
4
5
3
5
4
5
3
4
4
5
3
5
75


THE OTHER GOLF COURSES


Old Course St Andrews

THE OLD COURSE

The Old Course St Andrews is surely the Mecca of the golfing world. Known as “The Home of Golf”, golf has been played here for over six centuries.

Jubilee Course St Andrews

THE JUBILEE COURSE

Originally opened on Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and designed for ladies and children, the Jubilee underwent a re-design by Donald Steel.

Castle Course St Andrews

THE CASTLE COURSE

Designed by David McLay Kidd and opened to the public in the summer of 2008, the Castle Course is the newest addition to the St Andrews portfolio

Kingsbarns Golf Links

KINGSBARNS GOLF LINKS

Six miles south of St Andrews lies Kingsbarns Golf Links, possibly the last true links to be developed in Scotland.