The Castle Course, St Andrews


The Castle Course opened in 2008 becoming the seventh course at the Home of Golf

Designed by David McLay Kidd and opened to the public in the summer of 2008, the Castle Course is the newest addition to the St Andrews portfolio. Situated on the east side of the town, the course offers spectacular views of the famous old town of St Andrews, St Andrews Bay and over towards Carnoustie. The course takes its name from Kinkell Castle, which, five hundred years ago, stood on a headland two miles southeast of the town centre where the new layout begins. The Castle Course offers golfers an excellent alternative to playing the older, more traditional courses when visiting St Andrews.

 

Caddies available: Yes (Request in advance through Links Golf)

Pullcarts available: Yes

Practice facilities: Driving range, short game area and putting green.

Electric buggies available: Yes (medical certificate required and caddy to drive)

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Location: View location map

The Castle Course Scorecard

Hole
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Total
Mens Yards
337
394
179
518
504
399
429
129
351
154
385
415
154
376
555
390
174
533
6376
Mens Par
4
4
3
5
5
4
4
3
4
3
4
4
3
4
5
4
3
5
72
Ladies Yards
300
344
145
476
446
355
341
122
314
130
289
340
119
312
509
346
142
430
5460
Ladies Par
4
4
3
5
5
4
4
3
4
3
4
4
3
4
5
4
3
5
72


THE OTHER GOLF COURSES


Old Course St Andrews

THE OLD COURSE

The Old Course St Andrews is surely the Mecca of the golfing world. Known as “The Home of Golf”, golf has been played here for over six centuries.

New Course St Andrews

THE NEW COURSE

Designed by Old Tom Morris and opened in 1895, this is hardly a ‘new’ course! It is, in fact, a classic links course and a first-class golfing challenge.

Jubilee Course St Andrews

THE JUBILEE COURSE

Originally opened on Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and designed for ladies and children, the Jubilee underwent a re-design by Donald Steel.

Kingsbarns Golf Links

KINGSBARNS GOLF LINKS

Six miles south of St Andrews lies Kingsbarns Golf Links, possibly the last true links to be developed in Scotland.