Kingsbarns Golf Links


A stunning golf course with sea views from every hole

Six miles south of St Andrews lies Kingsbarns, possibly the last true links to be developed in Scotland. In fact, Kingsbarns' golf origins go back some 200 years when it was home to a nine- hole course and golf club. The new revival is heralded as a truly spectacular and worthy addition to the legendary St Andrews portfolio. Embracing the sea as it does, the layout is superb with each hole offering a great sea view, and seven of them actually playing over or alongside the sea. The course design provides great variety and presents a stiff golfing challenge balanced by generous greens and wide fairways. Kingsbarns blends together all the advantages of a modern course with the traditional features of an old links course.

 

Caddies available: Yes (Request in advance through Links Golf)

Pullcarts available: Yes

Practice facilities: Driving range, short game area and putting green.

Electric buggies available: Only one available. Medical certificate required.

Dress code: Smart casual golf wear. No caps in lounge.

Location: View location map

Kingsbarns Scorecard


Hole
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Total
Mens Yards
370
165
471
365
350
287
421
132
500
353
369
538
123
307
151
481
408
393
6174
Mens Par
4
3
5
4
4
4
4
3
5
4
4
5
3
4
3
5
4
4
72
Ladies Yards
294
136
417
298
350
287
369
132
460
265
324
442
113
284
110
377
334
320
5190
Ladies Par
4
3
5
4
4
4
4
3
5
4
4
5
3
4
3
5
4
4
72


THE OTHER GOLF COURSES


Old Course St Andrews

THE OLD COURSE

The Old Course St Andrews is surely the Mecca of the golfing world. Known as “The Home of Golf”, golf has been played here for over six centuries.

New Course St Andrews

THE NEW COURSE

Designed by Old Tom Morris and opened in 1895, this is hardly a ‘new’ course! It is, in fact, a classic links course and a first-class golfing challenge.

Jubilee Course St Andrews

THE JUBILEE COURSE

Originally opened on Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and designed for ladies and children, the Jubilee underwent a re-design by Donald Steel.

Castle Course St Andrews

THE CASTLE COURSE

Designed by David McLay Kidd and opened to the public in the summer of 2008, the Castle Course is the newest addition to the St Andrews portfolio